Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My boring cardigan is on the way!


My sweater began its travels this morning... I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm envisioning this boring old red cardigan will return to me as a tribute to all things sock monkey :)

As you can see, the sweater is bland and needs help - sock monkey faces (appliqued, embroidered, needle felted, etc.), and perhaps fun words that make us smile - words like giggle, grin, fun, monkey business, smile, happy, etc. - and perhaps each of your names as well.

And those embroidered flowers you can barely see at the bottom? Feel free to cover those up, or embellish them with bright colors, so they can at least be noticed!

I know you will all make this a work of art that I will treasure forever.

3 comments:

  1. i love the look. the color is perfect for making it a stunning item, can hardly wait to see it.also it looks like summer in the backround. oregon is having a cold summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kathy, oh goodie, your sweater is in for many great adventures, it's a perfect choice (and not so boring at all!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait to get my paws on that one!

    ReplyDelete